A removable dental prosthesis that replaces all of the natural dentition and associated structures of the maxillae (upper) or mandible (lower).
A complete or partial denture constructed for insertion immediately following the removal of natural teeth.
An implant-supported denture is a type of over denture that is supported by and attached to implants. Implant-supported dentures can be made for either the upper or lower jaw. You must have healthy gums and bone (under your teeth) to support the implant. You must brush and floss the implant very carefully. Be gentle, but make sure you brush all sides of the implant. At least once a day, floss very carefully.
As the name indicates, these dentures replace some teeth within either the upper or lower arch. There are different types of partial dentures, as outlined below.
- Cast Partial: A removable partial denture consisting of a cast metal framework usually containing artificial teeth set in an acrylic resin.
- Acrylic Partial: The base portion of an acrylic partial is made out of acrylic similar in colour to the tissue. The necessary wire clasps and replacement teeth are embedded in this plastic base.
- Flexible Partial: Flexible dentures do not have metal clasps and have a flexible base. They are aesthetically pleasing but if a clasp breaks or a tooth comes off they are often not repairable.
Relines & Repairs
Depending on the condition of the prosthetic, we will reline or repair your existing denture. Even if it was not created by us.
- Reline: Using an impression taken within the existing denture the denture is resurfaced with new acrylic for a more accurate fit.
- Repair: Repairs can be made to the tissue coloured acrylic or to the teeth depending on the condition of the denture.
Request An Appointment
*Please note: This form is simply a request. We will follow up with you to verify a date and time for your appointment.